Earlier this week I saw VegNews mentioning a new vegan funding campaign for Vegan Bodega. I think that this sounds like such an awesome project- and makes me so happy because I only live a short train ride from Manhattan!
I don’t know that it would really be any cheaper for me to take the train in to go shopping versus ordering items online (so don’t worry, online vegan stores), but it would be really nice to be able to go into a store and just browse around, seeing all the different products out there available through a store front. If you’re in a position to donate, please do!
So what else is happening in vegan news this week?
- Mother Bear Kills Cub and Self- not for the faint of heart. So, so heartbreaking.
- Vegucated film doubles its funding goal for distribution and is accepted to the Toronto Independent Film Festival!
- Bill Clinton talks about his vegan diet in a CNN special to air on Sunday!
And on my blog…
- Saturday: Advice for Vegans Getting Hitched- guest blogging at Rose Pedals Vegan Weddings
- Sunday: Papa Ganache
- Monday: Local Peppers and Onions, which didn’t go as well as I’d hoped.
- Tuesday: A review of the movie Chow Down.
- Wednesday: Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob with Buffalo Tempeh.
- Thursday: I posted about a class I took earlier this summer at Natural Gourmet Institute in Healthy Japanese Cooking!
Wow- by this time next week, VVC will have begun!