Need something apple-dessert-ish for tomorrow, but don’t feel like making a crust? How about an Apple Crisp?
- 4-5 Apples (a couple of pears are good in there, too, in place of an apple or two), peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- some grated nutmeg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine (live it up! but you can use less if you want)
- 1/4 cup brown or turbinado sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix apples (and pears, if using), flour, sugar cinnamon and nutmeg; toss into a greased/sprayed pie plate
3. In a bowl, mix flour, oatmeal and sugar; cut in the margarine and mix well. Spread over the apples. If using less margarine, add a little apple juice or water to the oat mixture to make up for the moisture.
4. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.