My cookbook collection has grown over the years! The picture below shows just some of them; I have them stuffed in piles all over my living room and kitchen, and these days I often buy the Kindle version, and I’m not opposed to checking out cookbooks from the library as well (praise libraries!).
To be fair, not all the cookbooks here are vegan. Some were gifts, some were purchased a very long time ago, and some just have some really interesting other recipes that I felt I could learn from.
This page is still under construction, pardon the mess.
Some of my collection includes:
- Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet
- The Vegan Slow Cooker: Simply Set It and Go with 150 Recipes for Intensely Flavorful, Fuss-Free Fare Everyone (Vegan or Not!) Will Devour
- Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
- Vegan Diner: Classic Comfort Food for the Body and Soul
- Ani’s Raw Food Asia: Easy East-West Fusion Recipes the Raw Food Way
- Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites: Lip-Smacking, Belly-Filling, Home-Style Recipes Guaranteed to Keep Everyone-Even the Meat Eaters-Fantastically Full.
- Vegan Soul Kitchen: Fresh, Healthy, and Creative African-American Cuisine
- Viva Vegan!: 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers
- The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
- Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons
- Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet
- Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure
Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes is a new one to me, but I’ve tried a couple of recipes and am very happy so far! Check out Roasted Beets and Sautéed Beet greens, and Chickpea Piccata!
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook. It there’s only one cookbook you’re going to try, make it be this one! Just a few of the things I’ve made from here: Lemon-Yogurt Pound Cake, Chocolate-Hazelnut Cookies, and Baby Bok Choy with Crispy Shallots.
If there’s only one more cookbook you can buy, make it Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For–From Asparagus Omelets to Pumpkin Pancakes! I have both the print edition and the Kindle edition, since I’m often called upon to make pancakes when I’m away from home. Go figure. 🙂 A few things I’ve made from here: bagels, tofu omelette, Caramelized Onion Quiche with Cherry Sage Sausages, Scrambled Tempeh, Swiss Chard Frittata, and English Muffins.
Vegan with a Vengeance : Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes That Rock was one of the early vegan cookbooks I bought, and quickly became one of my favorites. I don’t cook from it often anymore, but it’s where my obsession with seitan stroganoff started.
I actually made 8 or 9 recipes from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: 100 Dairy-Free Recipes for Everyone’s Favorite Treats for Christmas 2009, but I apparently didn’t take any pictures. I can assure you, they were tasty. And I did take a picture of the Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles I made earlier. 🙂 Oh, and don’t worry. I gave away most of those cookies I made that Christmas!
I don’t make cupcakes that often anymore, but if you like to make them, you need Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule. Who doesn’t like a chocolate cupcake every now and then?
More to come- there’s a lot of books on that shelf!