Another day, another soup…
- 1 lbs carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 4.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs vegan margarine, divided
- 1 tsp garam massala
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt & pepper
- minced cilantro (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a dutch oven and add 1 tbs of the margarine. Add shallots and ginger, sautéing until fragrant.
2. Add celery and potato, coat with oil mixture.
3. Add carrots, mix all throughly. Turn down the heat to medium low, and sweat the vegetables, stirring occasionally.
4. Add vegetable stock. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
5. After reaching boil, turn heat back down to medium low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. When vegetables are tender, blend together using an immersion blender or standard blender (small batches, vented, with a towel over the top).
7. In a small microwavable bowl, add garam masala with a teaspoon of water, mix together, then add remaining margarine. Microwave 15 seconds (until melted). Stir together again, then add to the soup.
8. Add lime juice, then salt and pepper to taste.
9. Garnish with cilantro if desired.