I wasn’t actually planning on a post today, but I just had a delightful vegan lunch at a restaurant in Mt. Kisko called Lalibela. If you’re a longtime reader, you may know that I used to frequent a restaurant/food cart by the same name in New Haven– I loved that one, and I love this one! (The two restaurants are not related).
All this, shared with a friend. Chickpeas and corn, green beans and carrot, beets, and misir wat in the center, on ginormous injera!
If you go:
- The restaurant is on the small side, but bright and cheery.
- Lunch specials are reasonable (about $9 each for the vegan dishes), and regular menu items looked to be not that much more expensive.
- There is a seperate vegan/vegetarian menu, but the restaurant does serve meat dishes.
- The staff is incredibly friendly!
- The word “vegan” appears on the menu!
- Best of all, the food is delicious. Make sure to order the tea!
This was definitely a great lunch, and I will be back. The flavors- ginger, cardamom, garlic- we just really well done. If you’re in the westchester area, you really have to try this place!