Earlier in the summer, I tried a week-long raw challenge, which I failed miserably. I did make a few tasty things though, and this was one of them. I’ve also since tried it with spiralized beet, which is pretty good, too.
The recipe was something like this:
Raw Pad Thai
1 large carrot
1 medium zucchini
a few onion slices (to taste)
1. Spiralize with your spiral slicer (or use a peeler to make long flat noodles). Play around with the blades. I actually put the onion on the spiralizer, but there’s no need to do that.
2. (optional) Sprinkle salt over the zucchini and place in a colander to drain, to draw out the bitter water.
3. Place all in a bowl.
a few slices dehydrated tomatoes
a spoonful raw almond butter
raw apple cider vinegar (or raw vinegar of your choice)
a dash of agave, optional
1. Pulverize the tomatoes into a powder using a coffee/spice grinder
2. Mix rest of ingreediants together, using your judgement on the liquids. You want it to be thin enough so you can toss the sauce with the noodles, but not so thin it runs all over the place. Your mileage may vary on this one.
3. Toss the sauce with the noodles and serve!