I meant to post this some time ago!
Spinach is so chock full of healthy things, like calcium and fiber. It’s tasty, too, and so easy to prepare. You can certainly eat it plain and/or raw, but sometimes you want it hot, you know? It works with a variety of different means. You can really add whatever spices that you want, but this is the combo to which I’m partial.
Simple Spicy Spinach
- 1 lbs of fresh spinach, washed and drained (does not need to be dry)
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper, or to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray oil in a skillet (skillet will need a cover). Heat.
- Add spinach to hot pan. Toss with tongs.
- Add spices, toss again with tongs.
- Cover and heat until wilted.