When I was visiting my mom earlier this summer, her squash was starting to come in, so I snagged the blossoms. I hadn’t make squash blossoms before, but it turned out to be pretty easy. I don’t have an exact recipe, but it goes something like this:
1. Clean the blossoms (both for dirt and the pollen, if you don’t want it).
2. Dredge in a cornstarch slurry.
3. Dredge in breadcrumbs, seasoned to taste.
4. Fry in a shallow pan of hot oil.
5. Drain on paper towels (or your preferred more environmentally friendly oil-absorbing alternative).
Then you have these!